Last week, I treated myself to a box of goodies from InSpiral. I wrote about some of them in my last post, so here’s the rest!
Things have been rather busy here lately. In between trying to unpack, organise things, find my craft supplies, do some work, cook, clean, and alternately swearing at the internet, my laptop, and the phone signal (it’s shockingly bad), I’ve been feeling a little lack-lustre.. It’s hard to feel inspired when you’re down to your last carrot and up to your elbows in boxes.
However, something arrived in the post which has inspired me a bit more…
A gorgeous box of goodies from InSpiral!!
Good evening! I’m finally -kinda- able to blog again! I’m currently borrowing my partners laptop (which thankfully hasn’t died on me yet!) to type this, so fingers crossed! I have discovered that his laptop doesn’t like my phone.. so I’ve figured out that by uploading the photos to my blog on my phone, I can then edit them using my partners laptop! Phew! I WILL find a way!
The night before yesterday, I had put on a huge pot of chickpeas to cook overnight in my slow cooker. I’d looked into my pantry and had been disheartened to find I only had one tin of chickpeas left! I love chickpeas and use them every week, so I was a little heartbroken.. until I noticed I had several bags of dried chickpeas lurking in my pantry! Problem solved! In they went to cook overnight, so by the morning I had gorgeous, perfectly cooked chickpeas just begging to be used.
Since it was a bit of a chilly day, I thought what better way to use some of the chickpeas, than in a soup!
Well hello! I’m still alive over here, in case you were all starting to worry.
It’s been a bit of a blogging nightmare over here lately.. First, my blog went down (on Thursday/Friday), then I moved house on Saturday, spent Sunday cleaning the old house, and I’ve had no internet since Friday! And now we do seem to have some sort of internet (though it’s as slow as a snail in cement), my laptop has decided to join in the jolly fun and has stopped working. All that it will do is load up the background my dad set of a cute cat, and nothing else. Now don’t get me wrong, I love desktops of cute cats.. But it would be nice if my laptop would be more than just a rather pricey picture frame..
I’m currently writing this from my phone, so apologies if the photos are huge.. I can barely figure out how to upload them, let alone resize them!
This desktop image is actually pretty apt, as this is exactly how I have been feeling for the past few days.. I seem to alternate between “Wow I have so much to sort out, this house is awesome, I love organising this!” And “I am so so tired, I could sleep ’till June, I don’t care if we never unpack anything”.
Currently writing this on my phone, which is proving very tricky! It doesn’t seem to like me uploading photos.. Which should be fun..
Whilst I try to figure it all out, here is a series of thoughts which have occurred to me since the move..
- Spending hours on your knees (with a dodgy knee) is not a wise choice.
- 90% of my friends would read that and make some dirty joke about it.
- When you move out and have to clean the old house, always pack spare socks. Seriously, it’s a must.
- You also don’t appreciate the wonderfulness of clean, dry socks until you’re forced to be without them..
- When cleaning (or doing any job you don’t like) – good, lively music is a must.
- When busy, you realise that although you shouldn’t, you can actually survive on just adrenaline and a banana.
- You will thank your lucky stars you had the foresight to bake up a giant batch of insanely healthy, energy packed flapjacks.
- Then you will realise that no matter how convenient they are, you shouldn’t try to live off of them alone (bad idea).
- You also realise just how amazing family are. Especially when they wake up at 4am to drive all the way down to help you move (without telling you), and just when you’re waking up trying to figure out how the hell you’re going to manage, you hear a surprise knock at the door and familiar voices yelling at you to “Wake up!!”.
- They also go out of their way to help you clean, and stop you from having a bit of a break down. (Thank you. Thank you thank you.).
- You will never realise how much you have wanted a pantry, until you suddenly have one. You will stop and catch yourself smiling at random moments, saying “I have a pantry!”, and smiling. This is normal.
- Even if you’ve never cared for it before, you will crave chocolate. And eat it. And it will be so worth it.
- Moving will make a “I always cook everything from scratch!” person, into the kind of person who will be happy to add spices to a tin of heinz mixed beans and call it dinner. Packet cous cous with cheap hummus is “fancy”.
- When knackered, the thought of putting your bed together at 10pm will have you nearly on the verge of tears. Collapsing into said bed though will make it all worthwhile.
- Hot showers are the best thing ever.
- Everyone should have a picnic table in their garden. I have no words for how amazing this is.
- After a move, a weekend relaxing with family will seem 100% lovelier than ever before. The word “perfect” will be mentioned a lot.
I think that’s all I have! Hopefully technology will be kind to me soon and actually allow me to continue with my blogging! I have several recipes to share once I get the chance! Happy MOFO all! I hope your week was slightly less stressful than mine!
Hello fellow MOFO-ers! Well, I’ve been trying to write a post on my phone for over a week… First I had no internet, then it was slow internet, then my laptop died, my partners laptop died when I touched it ( though it works perfectly for him, typical!). And my blog so far fails to work on my phone.. And I was doing so well! I’m hoping that some day soon technology will take pity on me and actually let me blog.. But I’m not amazingly hopeful ! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive over here (and getting crazier and crazier with each passing non-blogable day…). I haven’t been taking many foodie photos lately, as we’ve been living on super simple meals since the mkve. But hopefully I’ll have some more interesting things to share soon! Also, apologies for any spelling mistakes in this post… Every time I tried to edit it, my blog crashed and deleted everything I had written!! Damn you technology! I hope your mofo’s are going a bit better!!
(I tried to insert photos, it wouldn’t let me! I’m sorry! )
(I know it’s day 5 now, but my blog was down last night, so I’m posting this quickly before it goes down again!! Hopefully it will stay on long enough to get today’s post done!)
Good evening MOFO-ers, it’s another late-night post! I think I might just accept the fact that I’m a night owl of a blogger.. Oh well, it’s still a hoot!
(I’m also a very punny person.. a very bad-punny person..)
Ahem. I had intended on sharing with you all today the recipe which I made last night.. Which was going to be a cheesy omelet..
But the recipe ended up turning out a bit drier than I would have liked, and as I just tried upload the photos to share them with you all anyway, my laptop has decided to play silly buggars and won’t let me upload them here! It’s allowed some.. but not others. So tomorrow I will have to do some investigating to see what on earth’s going on!
(Edit: Turns out the problem was that the blog was actually down! Photo’s to come in future posts x)
Instead, I’ll share instead a very quick few photos of today’s light lunch!
Hello fellow MOFO-ers! I had intended on doing a nice long blog post today about the wonders and joys of cashew cheese (cue trumpet fan-fare and confetti). But alas, moving got in the way, and what with packing, cleaning and working (again!) I’m now getting very close to running out of day.. I really do need to start writing these things earlier on!
Good god, where has the day gone? I had planned on having a recipe post up today, but things have been so busy I haven’t had the chance! What with work, packing to move, tidying, cooking, and spending the evening taking our bed apart (it’s as fun as it sounds) I no longer have the time to post up a recipe, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, I will just share some foodie photos from today!
Hello! I know I know, I haven’t blogged in ages! It’s been crazy busy here in Pixie land lately, and this week I’m trying get everything sorted ready to move house on the weekend! Eeek!
And yep, that’s another house move. So far, we have spent Christmas in a new house every year for at least the past 6 years.. Every time we move, we say “We’ll definitely be staying here longer than the last house!”… And then every year, somehow it doesn’t end up working out that way. Oh well, perhaps we’re really just nomads? .. With lots and lots of stuff? I honestly don’t know how we accumulate so much! ..Well, I do.. I have a lot of art supplies, I hoard kitchen doodahs and gadgets like a culinary magpie, and I have enough clothes for a small country… I could try blaming it on our little one.. Kids have lots of stuff, right..? But really, it’s just me..
So, having been too busy (that’s my excuse anyway..) to blog lately, and getting busier by the day as the move approaches, I have gone and done the sane thing of signing up to this years Vegan MOFO! Which is essentially a month-long blogging challenge, where bloggers attempt to blog every day (or at least 20 times) about all things vegan! Completely sane of course.. and will in no way drive me bonkers.. (Though I do have mental images of myself trying to keep typing out posts whilst balancing boxes to move on my head..)
Anyway, I have a tonne of posts piling up to share with you all (I still need to tell you all about the Raw Fruit Fest! So much to tell!), as well as lots of other lovely things. But I thought that I would ease back into blogging with a nice and simple post today.
Hellooo, it’s been too long! As some of you may know, I spent the majority of last week volunteering at the first ever UK Fruitfest! (though hopefully, the first of many!). I got back (Very exhausted) on Sunday, and have since then spent my time recovering! It’s amazing how you never really realise how worn out you are, until you stop for a moment… Phew.
Anyway, more on that later. I still have one more post to share with you all about my time in Camden, so here it is! (I have so many posts to share with you all! Catching up slowly though!)
When we finally arrived in London, we are very hungry! I posted about what foods we had managed to take (and find!) on our journey to London here, but I knew where we would be going as soon as we arrived.. so I made sure not to fill up too much..
InSpiral! Continue reading